The Austrian Certified Travel Specialist Programme
In 2008, the Austrian National Tourist Office (ANTO) in Dubai has launched their online destination training program custom made for the Arabic market and available free of charge to the local travel trade.
The initialisation of the ACTS programme is based on the current tourist market situation of the countries mentioned above:
- Steadily increasing demand for trips to Austria
- Most bookings of overseas travel are made in travel agencies.
- The impact of the travel professionals on the travel decision is correspondingly high
- Still, the professional’s knowledge about destinations might unfortunately be quite low sometimes
The main objective is the augmentation of the destination knowledge as well as the agent’s bonding through continuous support.
The following factors constitute important motives for a participation of the agents in the ACTS Academy:
- By gaining new and important knowledge about destinations and the acquirement of the official certificate, travel agents increase their value in their company.
- Because of the growing competition in the markets, travel agencies are interested in increasing their agent’s consultancy expertise, which constitutes the core competence of a travel agency per se.
- To date, there do not exist any trainings for travel agencies, offered by National Tourist Offices in the mentioned markets, which constitute a comparable broad (4 stages) program.
- FAM Trip to Austria: A selection of most active and successful ACTS graduates will be invited on the annual ACTS FAM trip.
Online Academy: www.acts-arabia.com
The online academy allows travel professionals to learn more about Austria and become an Austrian Certified Travel Specialist.
This FREE course is attractively presented, with engaging and fun interactive components and valuable marketing tips and support. The course is divided into modules, each of which has to be completed with a short quiz on the content.
- Welcome to Austria - introduces participants to the travel destination Austria, covering geography, culture, useful information and tips.
- Austria's Destinations: several modules (eg. Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck) - gives an overview on Austria's provinces and main cities and describes many destinations with great travel ideas.
- This programme is reserved to travel professionals only - travel agents, tour operators, travel wholesaler and airline staff.